Hand Blocks for IQFoI

Last night I finished quilting a hand block for the International Quilting Festival of Ireland (IQFoI) which is taking place in Galway in May. At the festival they're going to have a welcome banner made up of hundreds of hand blocks from around the world).

Last time I checked, the deadline for submission of the blocks was the 1st February; so I was hurrying to get the 2nd block finished last night. Have just checked their website and you can now submit blocks up to the 1st March.




To make the blocks I made a monoprint of my hand, added my name and town using alphabet stamps and then free-motion quilted the block.

I got a print of my mother's hand to make the 2nd block, and made it in the same way, just used the stamps to go around the hand this time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EQA Picture Exchange

Spring Growth Quilt on exhibit

Journal Quilts