Elvis

 I'm currently doing a 6-week Fabric Portrait Class with Luke Haynes. 

For the 2nd class, we were sent a template of Elvis Presley to make. We were advised to use solid fabrics for his portraits (I'd already done a Dolly Parton portrait using patterned fabric) so thought I'd follow the rules a little bit this time and use some solid fabrics. 

After completing it, I think I still prefer using patterned fabric, I think it adds a bit more interest and texture to the piece (But it does depend on what scale of fabrics are used - need to use small scale prints here) 

Have had the portrait applique ready for a few weeks while deciding on what background to use. Finally decided the other night to go for high contrast - had a look through all my yellow fat quarters and cut out 5 1/2 inch squares to use for the background. 




Now to finish off quilting the background and then adding the applique section. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EQA Picture Exchange

Quilters Guild Region 17 Meeting

"Branching Out" ATC's