Graz Graffiti Quilt



I've been doing a online City & Guilds course with the Kemshalls for the past few years. Thought I'd be finished the course in 6 months to a year, but it's taken me much longer thanks to my dilly-dallying and doing absolutely nothing on it for months.
Anyways, I finally got myself motivated to finish Module 9 a few weeks ago - went for the contemporary wall-hanging option.
I went to Graz about 1 1/2 years ago for a friends wedding and was fascinated by all the stencil graffiti there. The graffiti wasn't done on any of the monuments, old buildings - mostly found on side streets, walls down laneways etc. Tooks loads of photos of the stencil graffiti and have wanted to make a quilt based it since, but couldnt decide what to do until a few months ago.
So finally finished the quilt about a week ago - it had to be applique based for the course otherwise I would have done a painted version.



I've even started my final piece for Module 10 - it's going to be a wonky log-cabin style wall-hanging.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EQA Picture Exchange

Spring Growth Quilt on exhibit

Journal Quilts