Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Finished another quilt top 2 weeks ago. This one was made from a Jelly Roll, and the pattern was from the book "Jelly Roll Quilts" by Pam Lintott, pattern was "Pandora's Box". Think the top was made over a weekend and then it was put away for about a year! But seeing as I'm on my UFO-busting streak at the moment - I got it out and finally finished it.
This photo shows the back of the quilt. The backing was a dark brown fabric which I've had in my stash for a good while. I used the left-over scraps from the jelly roll to make the strip in the middle and around the label. I always seem to forget to sew on the label, so this time I sewed it on before I had the binding finished.
I may have overdone the quilting just a little bit, I planed on quilting it in a fairly large squiggle pattern, but found myself doing a fairly small squiggle quilting pattern instead (couldnt help myself!). Even ran out of thread half-way through quilting it and had to go to the Limerick Quilt Centre for an emgergency purchase of light pink thread.