Monday, December 13, 2010

Vision Quest

I've just finished my quilt for the upcoming Hands Across the Border Exhibition. The theme for the exhibition was "Dream-catcher". The exhibition will be on Jan-April in the Armagh County Museum, and in September it will be on display in the Phoenix Park Visitors Centre.

For this quilt I used all hand-dyed cotton fabrics. On the purple fabric, I used 2 thermofax screens of a dreamcatcher and Indian imagery. I used discharge paste and thickened dyes on the fabric.


The right-hand side of the quilt (pink fabric) was machine quilted with more Indian symbols (2 circular patterns). Once the quilt was finished I thought the quilt was lacking something, so decided to roller gold acrylic paint on the circles. I've wanted to add paint to a quilted piece for ages - the Kemshall's use this technique a lot and it looks fabulous!



Quilt had to be handed up at last Friday's guild meeting, so I was frantically trying to get everything finished in the last few days. Label got sewed on Friday evening, the night before that I was putting the hanging sleeve on... Whewwhh.....

Now I have to get cracking on a quilt for the National Exhibition 2011...