Through The Window (Burren Inspired)

I'm currently a member of the International Quilt Challenge. Every two months we have a different challenge, the most recent challenge theme was through "Through the Window" so here's what I submitted for that challenge.

A contemporary quilting group I'm involved with (Genesis Patchwork) are currently working on a group project about the Burren. So I decided to use my "Through the Window" piece as a sample piece for my Burren project. I have a number of photographs of old church windows and ruins so I took 2 of this photo's and turned them into a thermofax screen. Then I screen-printed the windows onto hand-dyed fabric.

This photo of a window in Carron Church was used to create one of the thermofax screens

Comments

  1. That looks fabulous, Claire, and great use of the Thermofax screen. I noticed on the Contemporary Yahoo site that you have a machine. Do you use it a lot. To date I've just had them made for me as the machines are so prizy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EQA Picture Exchange

Quilters Guild Region 17 Meeting

"Branching Out" ATC's