Paper Bag Swap Bag

The quilting guild I'm involved with (the Mid-West Branch) started a paper bag swap bag back in September. The bags were to be swapped back at our December meeting instead of our usual Chris Kringle.

I received a paper bag with 1940's style fabrics, so I had until the December meeting to make something with the fabrics. I don't usually work with these type of fabrics, but the whole point of these challenges is to make you try something different!

I decided to make a 241 tote bag using the fabrics. I had to do a bit of patchwork piecing to get the fabrics to the right size for the patterns, but it gives a nice effect to the bag.

The paper bags were swapped back at the December meeting so I got to give my bag to the original fabric's owner Deirdre.

Bag Front
Bag Back


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EQA Picture Exchange

Spring Growth Quilt on exhibit

"Branching Out" ATC's