Thursday, September 26, 2013

Completed Quilts

 Over the summer I finished up a few quilt projects, but forgot to put up photo's of them until now.

This quilt called "Crazy Hearts" was finished back in 2004, but I was never happy with the quilting and binding on it. So last year I took off the hanging sleeve and binding and machine quilted it.
Originally the only quilting was stitch-in the ditch around the blocks and just to outline the hearts, so this time I free-motion quilted all the blocks. The original binding was pink and blue (horrible stuff) so I finished it off with plain black binding this time which I thinks looks a lot better!

Didn't think it would take me a year to get around to finishing it off, but I am glad I took it apart now. 


        

This quilt "Scrap-pile mystery quilt" was a mystery quilt project from the Mid-West branch a few years ago. The quilt top was completed for a year or so, but hadn't got around to quilting it as it's a fairly large quilt. So when I got a chance over the summer I free-machine quilted it with blue/green thread.

I've got a few quilt projects almost finished, so fingers crossed I can get around to them over the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh the first one - I love the colours SO much. It's so bright and cheerful, I adore it!

    ReplyDelete