EQA Picture Exchange

The European Quilt Association (EQA) had a picture exchange this summer where people selected a photograph as inspiration which was then divided into a right and left half. The quilters then had to make 2 small quilters 20 x 40cm (approx. 8" x 16"). the right half of their own picture and the left half of a randomly assigned partner. 


I received this photo from my Dutch partner Jopie which was of a tree. 

Jopie's inspiration photo.

I spent a lot of time mulling over how to make this piece and eventually ended up making this piece using hand-dyed and rust-dyed fabrics. I then used gold and copper metallic paints with my own thermofax screen prints of bark and tree branches to capture the impression of the tree bark and stark branches from the photograph. 


The Dutch quilters had an exhibition of their EQA quilts over the weekend, and my EQA partner Jopie sent me on a photo of the two quilts hanging together. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Growth Quilt on exhibit

"Branching Out" ATC's