Disappearing Nine-Patch Block








I'm currently the editor for the Irish Patchwork Society Newsletter and have just fnished getting the summer edition ready for the printers. I had a few empty pages to fill over the past few days, so was racking my brains trying to come up with a pattern or tutorial I could include. Then I thought of the disappearing nine-patch block which I thought would be perfect to include as any level of quilters (even beginners) can make it.

I only meant to make 1 sample block to take step-by-step photos of, but got a little bit carried away and ended up making 8 blocks.
I used 3.5 inch squares for my blocks, so my top is big enough for a table runner - might make a few more blocks to lengthen it though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EQA Picture Exchange

Spring Growth Quilt on exhibit

Quilters Guild Region 17 Meeting