On a Whim Quilt Blocks

 I purchased the "On a Whim" quilt pattern last month and have been waiting for the chance to try out the block. Over the weekend, I decided to try out a test block of the pattern. For my test block I used Christmas fabrics, reasoning that if I didn't like the block or pattern, at least I'd have a block made that could be used to make a Christmas cushion etc.
As it turns out I really enjoyed making the block, and found it a lot faster to put together than the "Swoon" block. 

10 fat quarters are needed for the middle section of the blocks; I had a fat quarter pack of Denyse Schmidt fabrics that I was waiting to use, so that fabric is now in the process of being chopped up to make more blocks. I really like the Denyse Schmidt Flea Market Fancy fabric, so much so that I'm after ordering another fat quarter set and a few more yards of fabric!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EQA Picture Exchange

Spring Growth Quilt on exhibit

"Branching Out" ATC's