Quilted Bag

A few months ago, a fellow Genesis Contemporary Patchwork group member Tracy purchased a quilt panel which had various phrases about quilters and their fabric stash etc.
The panel was divided up and each Genesis member got 2 panels each. As part of a Genesis challenge, we were each supposed to make something out of the panel. None of the group have had a chance to get this done up till now, because of our upcoming Festival of Quilts group project and there was no date set to finish it anyways!

I finished my Festival of Quilts group quilt entry a few weekends ago (only had to add the label this weekend) so I decided I'd get all my outstanding quilting obligations and deadlines out of the way. Finished my Landmarks quilt for the International Quilt Challenge on Friday night and decided to get something done with the panels as well.


Have to say that I wasn't gone on the quilt panel pictures themselves, but a challenge is a challenge! I made a bag, using a panel on each side, using the quilt-as-you go method.

I've had the gold/lemon coloured bag handles for a few years now, and they were the perfect colour to use on this bag.

Comments

  1. Love the bag Claire you've been busy, if your bored I have loads of felt flowers which need making!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EQA Picture Exchange

Quilters Guild Region 17 Meeting

"Branching Out" ATC's