Dislocation quilt, just finished

I have just submitted my online entry to the Dislocation Challenge. Dislocation is the theme for this year's Contemporary Quilt Group Challenge.

Here's a detail shot of the quilt, will holding off showing the whole quilt for a while.


I called my piece "In the Street Where I was Lost". When I was researching items on the theme of "Dislocation" I came across an article by Samuel Beckett in which he mentioned cultural dislocation, and being lost in the street of places that he used to know. So I was inspired by that idea when coming up with my quilt idea.

Still have to add a sleeve and label, but that won't take too long.

Now I have to go and make the sample of the quilt to send off as part of the jurying process.


Comments

  1. ooh lovely Claire! Will we get to see it Thursday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth,
      I'm bringing the quilt on Thursday, so the group can see it

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EQA Picture Exchange

Spring Growth Quilt on exhibit

"Branching Out" ATC's