Foundation piecing with freezer paper

I've recently started making a quilt using "Bright Lights, Big City" pattern from Double Wedding Ring Quilts book by Victoria Findlay Wolfe.

I've only 1 block made so far (8 more to go) so it's probably going to be a long-term project. On the plus side, each block is really large (about 30") and it does look good so far.


I need to cut 72 foundation pieced arcs for the quilt, but got very sick of tracing the pattern pieces after making 8 units and thought I'd give foundation piecing using freezer paper a try. I did a bit of googling to find different ways to use freezer paper when foundation piecing. I was a bit dubious and thought this method wouldn't work or be as precise, but it does work and I haven't found any difference between the traditional foundation piecing method (which means sewing through the papers) and the foundation-piecing using the freezer paper method.

Best thing about this method is you don't sew through the freezer paper block, just use it as a guideline and can keep reusing it.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EQA Picture Exchange

Quilters Guild Region 17 Meeting

"Branching Out" ATC's